1. Purpose of the Policy
Davco Construction Materials Pty Ltd (the "Company") takes its obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 seriously and will take all reasonable steps in order to comply with the Act and protect the privacy of the personal information that we hold. This Policy sets out how we intend to do so.
The Policy applies to individuals who provide us with their personal information.
2. The personal information that the Company holds
The Company manufactures and distributes products related to the building and construction industry. The Company is part of a group of companies. The Group is related through an international parent company.
The Company collects personal information for the purposes of marketing and managing business relations. In some cases, personal information is collected during the course of recruitment.
Personal information held by the Company may include your name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address, bank account or credit card details, your occupation, hobbies and interests.
This information is collected in order to:
- conduct credit reference checks;
- provide the goods and services you require;
- administer and manage the supply and delivery of goods and services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- conduct surveys in order to improve the quality, supply and delivery of our goods and services;
- gain an understanding of your needs in order for us to provide you with a better service;
- in cases of applicants for employment, the personal information used to assess the individual's suitability for the position or employment generally; and generally to improve the conduct of our business.
3. What happens if you choose not to provide the personal information?
You are not obliged to give us your personal information. However, if you choose not to provide the Company with personal details, such as your name or address, the range of goods and services available to you may be limited.
4. How we collect personal information
In most cases, the Company collects information directly from the individual, over the phone or by letter, fax or e-mail.
5. Use and Disclosure
We will use personal information for the purposes for which it was collected. In most cases, we will not disclose personal information without first obtaining the individual's consent.
We do not share our Company and marketing databases with other unrelated organisations.
We will take reasonable steps to protect the security of the personal information we hold. This includes appropriate measures to protect electronic records and documents and records stored and generated in hard copy.
7. Sending personal information outside Australia
Because our parent company is based in Europe, and some of our manufacturing sites are in the Asia Pacific Region, personal information may, at times, be sent overseas. When we do send information overseas, and the laws of the receiving countries do not have comparable privacy protection laws, we will take all reasonable steps to make contractual arrangements that provide for privacy protection of the personal information that we send.
8. Access to your personal information
Individuals have the right to access the personal information held by the Company. Access will be provided in accordance with our Access and Grievance Policy. If you require access to your personal information, please contact the Privacy Officer.
Complaints about the Company's privacy practices will be handled under the Company's Access and Grievance Policy.